Archive for December, 2009


New Town Attraction Was Once a Button Factory

December 29, 2009

The Falcon, located at 1348 Route 9w, was once known as the Rink Building, which was used for a Pearl Button Factory, and then later a Basket Factory. Presently, The Falcon hosts live music events by local artists.

This photo of The Falcon was taken on June 11, 2010.


First National Bank of Marlborough, NY

December 11, 2009

According to C.M. Woolsey’s, “The History of the Town of Marlborough,” “this bank was organized in August, 1907, with a capital of $25,000.”

Woolsey’s book also states that “the village [of Marlborough] was incorporated in July, 1906. The population [was] about 800.”

Photo from the Badner Collection of our archives.


Click on this link to see an amazing old postcard of Marlboro

December 3, 2009

Business Section of Marlboro, NY