This photo of the village of Marlboro shows another view of the 1897 Berean Building located on Western Avenue and the Marlborough Bakery, as well as the storefront view of J. Edwards meats and seafood’s business.
Archive for January, 2014
Postcard from the M. Dubois Collection. Ruben Publishing Co., Newburgh, NY. This photo of upper Western Avenue from the 1920s gives a view looking east towards the River. Of the three large buildings on the left (from left to right), the first building contained Warren’s Meat Market, next to that is the 1897 Berean Building with its triangular sunburst pediment still visible today, and by that is the Marlborough Bakery. The building that once contained Warren’s Meat Market is now a parking lot. Art from the Heart’s Gallery is located in the Berean Building and Comparetto Bakery is now where the Marlborough Bakery was at 20 Western Avenue.